Swirled Nutella and Cream Cheese Jars


Ok so recently I made a very tall Chocolate Nutella Cream Cheese Layer Cake which you guys seemed to like.. well anyway that post inspired this post but this time I baked these SWIRLED NUTELLA & CREAM CHEESE Cakes in JARS.. and..

Ok, así que hice recientemente una muy alta Tarta con diferentes capas de crema de Nutella y queso cremoso que pareció que os gustó .. en cualquier caso, ese post inspiró a este post pero esta vez preparé estos TARROS de Tarta con NUTELLA Y QUESO CREMOSO y..


I also made handmade Nutella Chocolates (scroll down).. and I show you guys how to jazz-up your glass jars which I used to bake the cake in. As I mentioned to you guys before I love combining baking and crafting :-) It´s just so much fun! I used some plain jars, different patterned paper and organza ribbon to make these Jars look pretty..

También hice Chocolates de Nutella caseros (mirar más abajo) .. y os muestro cómo adornar tus tarros de cristal que he utilizado para hacer la tarta. Como he mencionado antes me encanta la combinación de hornear y la elaboración :-) Es simplemente tan divertido! Utilicé algunos frascos simples, papel impreso lindo y cinta de organza para hacer que estos Tarros se vean tan bien..


In the photo above you can see the materials I used for this project.. starting from the back:

En la foto de arriba se puede ver los materiales que utilicé para este proyecto .. empezando por detrás: 


To make them, I punched some hearts (in a row) on a piece of paper wide and high enough to fit my jar.  I then stuck it with glue to another piece of paper with a different pattern. When it was completely dry I fastened it to the jar with sellotape by overlapping the sides on the back. To complete the look I added a brown organza bow. For the lid I cut out a circle from one of the patterned papers and a heart from the other. I simply stuck them together with glue and used the same glue to stick them to the lid. I think this is a super cute idea to use for dessert tables / candy buffets! 

Para hacerlos, yo marqué algunos corazones (en una fila) en un pedazo de papel de dimensiones suficientes para adaptarse a mi frasco. Entonces pegué con pegamento otro pedazo de papel con un patrón diferente. Cuando estaba completamente seco la sujeté al tarro con cinta adhesiva superponiendo los lados de la parte posterior. Para completar el look he añadido un lazo de organza marrón. Para la tapa corté un círculo de uno de los papeles con dibujos y un corazón del otro. Yo simplemente los pegué con pegamento utilizando el mismo pegamento para pegarlas a la tapa. Creo que ésta es una idea súper linda de usar para mesas dulces / mesas de caramelos!


For the cake in the jars, I used my Vanilla Cake Recipe but to make these different/special I mixed the same amount of Cream Cheese to Nutella (you can use any brand for this). Do make sure you mix this well!  I then added it to the cake batter by swirling it with a long straw/stick before baking them.

Para la tarta en los frascos, usé mi receta de la tarta de vainilla, pero para hacer esto diferente/especial mezclé la misma cantidad de queso crema de Nutella (puede usar cualquier marca). ¡Asegúrate de mezclar bien! Luego la añadí a la masa del pastel por revolviéndolo con una cañita/palo largo antes de hornearlas.


Vanilla Cake Recipe
with Nutella Cream Cheese Swirl
& topped with Nutella Cream Cheese Frosting!

¡Clic aquí para ver / imprimir la receta en Español!


Ingredients:
(makes 6 - 10 jars depending on the size of the jar)


Cake Batter:
  • 200g flour
  • 200g brown sugar
  • ¼ cup apple sauce
  • ¼ cup olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • 4 L eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
Swirl:
  • ½ cup of Nutella
  • ½ cup of Cream Cheese
Frosting:
  • 250g butter without salt at room temperature
  • 1 heaped cup of icing sugar well sifted
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
  • 150g cream cheese


Method:


Cake Batter and Swirl:
Pre-heat your oven to 175ºC. Make sure all your jars are clean and dry. Sift all your dry ingredients together and leave to one side. Mix your brown sugar, apple sauce and olive oil on high for about 10 minutes (brown sugar takes longer to cream). Add your eggs 1 x 1 and then your vanilla essence. Lastly add your dry ingredients and blend just until the batter is mixed through. Fill your jars halfway, devide the Nutella & Cream Cheese mix equally between your jars and use a tall straw or stick to swirl it through the cake batter. Bake for aprox. 30 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting.


Frosting:
Using your paddle attachment of your standmixer, mix your butter, icing sugar and salt very well. Now add your vanilla essence and lastly your cream cheese. Don´t overmix at this stage as the frosting will “deflate”. Fill your piping bag with your favourite nozzle and use to frost your cakes in jars.
ENJOY!



I served the jars with these cute little homemade chocolates.. I simply melted good quality dark chocolate, filled my silicone mold with it halfway, added some Nutella and filled it with more chocolate until it was level with the surface of the mold. I let it set for 15 minutes in my freezer.. these went perfect with the cake and frosting.. they were simply delicious!!

Serví los frascos con estos pequeños chocolates caseros lindos .. simplemente derretí chocolate negro de buena calidad, llené mi molde de silicona con él a mitad y añadí a algunos Nutella y la llené con más chocolate hasta nivelarlo con la superficie del molde. Lo dejé reposar durante 15 minutos en mi congelador .. fueron perfectos con la tarta y el frosting .. simplemente delicioso!


I´m super excited about a new project I´m doing and as soon as I´m 100% ready I will let you guys know because I´ve been dying to share it with you.. This journey has only started and I´m very happy to have you guys come along with me.. once again thanks for reading my posts and supporting me!

Estoy súper entusiasmada con un nuevo proyecto que estoy haciendo y tan pronto como lo tenga listo al 100% os lo haré saber porque me gustaría compartirlo con vosotros .. Este viaje sólo ha comenzado y estoy muy feliz de teneros a vosotros conmigo .. una vez más, gracias por leer mis entradas y ayudarme!



Labels: